2013年8月26日星期一

Soha Ali Khan’s family don’t approve of her opinion about attending filmdom

When Soha Ali Khan decided to become an actress, she suffered unanimous opposition from her family, including her actor  brother Saif Ali Khan.

“When I was 25, I went against my parent’s will and my brother was terrified,” the 34 years old Soha said when she interacted with students at “Follow Your Heart” campaign Friday.

“He said, ‘Parents will now blame me because you came and lived with me in Mumbai, you had a perfectly decent job in a bank and it’s my influence. And you better explain to them that it is your choice!’ Which I did,” she added.

Soha Ali Khan, who graduated from the Oxford University with a masters degree from the London School of Economics and Political Science, forayed into filmdom in 2004.

She admits that even though she is never keen on becoming an actress and follow in the footsteps of her family, her passion for theatre and acting compelled her to leave a cushy job and attend filmdom.

“I didn’t think that I wanted to be an actor and actually I really wanted to do something different. I thought if I would become an actor, every one would compare me to my brother and mother and say that she chose the easy way. (But) I couldn’t help myself, I loved theatre, I loved acting,” said Soha, who made her debut with “Dil Maange More” opposite Shahid Kapoor.

“Everytime I would cry, I would run to the mirror and watch myself cry like an actor’s scene from the film. So I thought there is a part of me that wants to do it. I tried till I was 25 not to do it, and I said I am going to do something different,” she added.

Soha Ali Khan was satisfied with her appearance in her last release, Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns. The actress will play in war comedy “War Chod Na Yar” and “Chaarfutiya Chhokare”.

没有评论:

发表评论